Remembering My Dad

This Father's Day, I would like to do this short blog post about my father. What can I say about my father. He was a man that loved music, trains, and his family.

My early memories include having a band that play music from the 1940's-1970's, summers at my grandparent's cottage by the lake, trips to Six Flags Great America, and playing cards with family members.  He had spend countless hours teaching my to drive and a whole lot of those hours involved parallel parking. (which I try to avoid at all costs).  He had taken on a model train hobby later in life. He had a really nice set up in the basement of our family home. 


It is sad that the final years of his life involved battling dementia brought on by Parkinsons.  My heart goes to anyone that has a family member that is battling dementia.



This photo is one of my favorite photos. It was the last photo I took of him.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very rough time for all but the upside is you do get plenty of moments to make it special for them (and for you). Your Dad looked very content in the photo. Sorry for your loss. #SundayBest

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post, may you be well and remember the good times you enjoyed with your dad.
    Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment