Sugar Cookies

These sugar cookies might not be pretty, but these are priceless when made with a grandchild. I only had blue, green and yellow food coloring on hand. We decided to just use blue and green. Over time my grandson decided to just add green to the blue, so a majority of the cookies are just many shades of green.

Instead of a butter cream frosting, I wanted to look for a recipe that will harden like royal icing. The one I found has:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoon light corn syrup
enough milk to get the consistency of frosting.

The recipe for the sugar cookies have been in my family for years and come out the Betty Crocket Cookie Book. I had posted the recipe on my Just Winging It blog back in 2013.

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients. 

Chill for at least one hour. I can not emphasize this enough, the dough will be sticky an the colder the better. Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.

Or you can do the lazy version. 

Form 1 inch ball, roll ball in sugar, place on  baking sheet and flatten using bottom of a glass. 

Either way:

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes.


 Inspire Me Monday



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipe at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/11/sleepy-head.html, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - feel free to add to #Xmaslinky as very fesitve! (https://pandoraandmax.blogspot.com/2020/11/countdown-to-christmas-advent-calendars.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything is more fun when done with a grandchild! My mom used Betty Crocker cookbook too. I wish I still had it! (and I wish I still had mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies look delicious, you want to crunch them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up. Great little gifts or just a festive treat! #XmasLinky

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment