Holiday Baking

 I just want to show off some holiday baking I did today. First off I have fudge. I did not use an easy recipe. This is the recipe that you add your sugar, chocolate, and corn syrup. Heat it soft ball stage or 234 degrees. Add the butter and vanilla, wait for the fudge to cool to 110 degree, and then you stir until the fudge loses it glossiness. At this point my arms are ready fall off. Maybe next time I will be smart and use my stand mixer.


Next I Made divinity. I have never made it before and to be honest I usually not a fan. I made it for my husband because he like it. This is not the easiest recipe to make, but it wasn't to hard. It turned out o.k. for my first try.

Next I made flourless peanut butter cookies. So far everything I made is gluten free. I all the treats I made today is going to be shared at my husbands work and his boss can not have gluten. 

Next thing I made are peanut clusters. The easiest thing I have made so far. Melt a bag of chocolate chips, I add a little bit of shortening (over a double boiler, I guess it could of melted in the microwave), then added a 16 ounce container of peanuts once the chocolate was melted. Then I just made the clusters in greased (with butter) parchment paper. I put these in the fridge to set up.


Finally I made toffee squares. The only thing that is not gluten free.  Toffee squares are my holiday favorite that brings back childhood memories of my mom baking over the holidays. more info about the toffee squares can be found here. Except for the cookies, everything else I shown today was made around the holidays.


The only thing I did not make today that my mom usually make is frosted sugar cookies. However I did make sugar cookies last month with my grandson. 

Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season.








Comments

  1. Delicious Candies, YUM! Hope you had a great Christmas and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,516. We hope to see you back here again soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment